Help Wanted: Field Assistant/Driver - CVSWMD - Part Time
Field Assistant/Driver – PART TIME
Location: Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District, Montpelier, VT
Compensation: $12.55 - $18.08/hr
Responsible in staffing the Additional Recyclables Collection Center (ARCC) and assisting with all field operations, including organization and maintenance of facilities and equipment. Responsible for operating a box truck for deliveries and collections of recyclables.
- Staffs field collection events and the Additional Recyclables Collection Center.
- Accepts materials from customers, enters data accurately into electronic Point of Sale system, collects payment, makes change.
- Drives truck to deliver and collect materials in support of District programs.
- Operates equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse cargo or materials.
- Assists in loading and unloading truck manually and by using Walkie Stacker power lift.
- Responsible for maintaining efficiencies in work. Recommends changes to operations to improve effectiveness.
- Keeps accurate records of materials and products transported and other information required by the District.
- General knowledge of how to operate hand and power tools.
- Assists with organization and maintenance of District facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of solid waste management preferred.
- Two years’ work experience.
- Valid Vermont driver's license.
- Can read comprehend and follow both written and verbal instructions in order to implement District policies, procedures and safety measures.
- Accurately enters information into paper and electronic forms.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the general public and other District personnel.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently, and to communicate and share workload with other team members.
- Familiar with computers: email (Outlook preferred), Google calendar, internet, can enter information into electronic forms, save documents, print files, etc.
- High School diploma or GED required.
Applicants should send their resume, a cover letter detailing their interest in this position to email@example.com.
For further information regarding this position, including a full job description, please visit the Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District.