Education & Technical Assistance
Municipal officials and solid waste operators often have questions regarding recycling trends, proper processing techniques or market specifications, but are unsure where to call to get the correct answer. NRRA assists its membership by acting as a one-stop clearinghouse of information. NRRA's Member Services Team can assist members with questions or call on its vast network of municipal and state recycling coordinators to find the correct answer. Here are some examples of assistance our team can provide to members.
- Marketing trailer loads of loose or baled material; non-ferrous items
- Current market pricing for materials combined or separated
- HHW Events and Material Pickup
- Contract Options
- Storage Trailers
- Baling Wire, Strapping, Strapping Seals/Clips, Gripples
- Plastic Gaylords
General Technical Assistance:
- Current market availability and pricing
- Specifications for all materials
- Existing and new member program review
- Information and specification sheets
- School recycling programs
Have you joined our email listserv yet? The listserv is a way for members to send an email to one email address and reach all of the NRRA members in the listserv group. All voting municipal members of NRRA are invited to join.
Here are some examples of popular discussion topics previously shared on the NRRA listserv:
- Sharing wage information and hours for transfer station staff
- Charges for demo/bulk material and how members handle private contractors
- Status of swap shops re-opening
- Systems for collecting fees, such as cash, check, credit cards, and online invoicing
- No picking policies
- Brush grinding and whether members own or rent a grinder or hire someone
Join the listserv today to join these conversations and share information with fellow NRRA members! Members have the option to receive emails individually or have them batched and delivered less frequently.
If you are a voting municipal member and would like to join, you can register using the NRRAmember Sign Up Form below.