C&D Diversion Toolkit
Construction and Demolition debris (C&D) is an often over-looked contributor to landfills and waste incinerators.
C&D and bulky waste can be costly for towns to manage and pose health and safety threats to facility operators, including the presence of lead, asbestos, and other harmful materials.
Effectively handling and increasing the recycling and diversion of C&D and bulky waste can help towns decrease costs associated with handling this type of waste, decrease the amount of material landfilled or incinerated, and increase reuse of still-good materials.
In this C&D Diversion Toolkit, you will find resources for both operators and residents. This work is based off of the 2022-23 Increasing C&D Diversion in Coös County project, as well as the current North Country C&D Diversion 2.0 project.
This toolkit is in progress and will continue to grow over the course of the year.
C&D and Bulky Waste Diversion Resources for Operators
- Mattress Recycling and Disposal Info Sheet - NRRA
- Average Cost Per Ton (Tipping and Trucking): C&D - NRRA
- C&D Summit 1 Overview (2022) - NRRA
- C&D Summit 2 Overview (2023) - NRRA
- Touring C&D Management at Coös County Facilities - NRRA
Resources for Residents
- ‘A whole different animal’: Addressing construction and demolition debris in the North Country - New Hampshire Bulletin
The following resources have been created by NRRA in regards to battery recycling. This is a dynamic and up-to-date listing of all battery-related resources.