Spec Sheet - Refrigerant Recovery
Looking for reliable, low-cost, certified Refrigerant Recovery? With this program your refrigerant, as well as compressor oil, is extracted from units. Since your refrigerant-containing units are drained at your facility, the units remain on site. All units are marked as having been extracted and documentation is left on-site with an operator (if present) or is available through NRRA. Once refrigerant is extracted, simply place the units in with your scrap metal.
- Establish a designated collection area for refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers and water coolers
- Collect a minimum of 25 units (arrange units standing upright, with back facing out and accessible for refrigerant removal)
- Contact NRRA to arrange for our Vendor to visit your facility for refrigerant extraction
What happens to the Refrigerant recycled through NRRA?
Our Vendor states that the refrigerant “is brought back to the shop and tested for purity our in-house lab. It is then transferred into larger D.O.T. approved tanks and shipped to the appropriate recycling facilities.”
- New refrigerators average 1 to 2 ounces of refrigerant per unit
- Dehumidifiers and Air Conditioners average 1 1/2 pounds of refrigerant per unit
Contact NRRA for Current Pricing
*Freon extraction from standard residential units; pricing for commercial size units available upon request.