Clean Glass - Glass Jars & Bottles Only
The Northeast Resource Recovery Association (NRRA) offers its members the option to recycle clean glass bottles and jars through its clean glass program. NRRA members can deliver glass jars and bottles only (no glass-like contaminants are allowed, such as ceramics, porcelain, leaded glass or Pyrex) to one of several host sites in New Hampshire and Vermont. Then the glass is transported to a Canadian company where the glass is crushed, cleaned, sorted, then delivered to companies in the United States to be made into fiberglass insulation or new glass bottles and jars.
- Contact NRRA at (603) 736-4401 or email email@example.com to sign up for this program. Sign our Host Site or Customer Glass Agreement form.
- Choose how the glass will be stored at the facility (i.e., on the ground, in a simple bunker, on a concrete pad or in a container). If on the ground, be extremely careful not to include rocks or gravel in with glass when loading.
- Arrange for transportation - Need assistance in arranging trucking? Contact NRRA. Below please find transportation options used by member communities participating in this program.
- Roll Off Container (30 or 40 Yard Container) - average weight is 12 tons
- Dump Body Trailer (70 Yard Trailer) - average weight is 32 tons
- Local Highway Department Dump Trucks - 10 wheeler - average weight 10 tons
- Contact NRRA to coordinate delivery of the glass to a Clean Glass Host site as each location has specific delivery hours. Please contact NRRA to make arrangements for delivery.