Help Wanted: Transfer Station Attendant (Part-Time), Chester, NH
Town of Chester - Transfer Station Attendant (part-time)
Posted: November 19th, 2021
The Town of Chester, NH prides itself on its clean and efficient Transfer Station. We are in need of enthusiastic individuals who care about the environment enough to assist in assuring that trash and recycling materials are properly handled. Recycling is mandatory in the Town of Chester, and materials are expected to be pre-sorted and brought to our Transfer Station for correct placement into labeled areas. The attendant must demonstrate the ability to do the following:
- Follow directions given by the Transfer Station Foreman and/or Maintenance Director
- Multi-task in a busy environment where traffic may be ongoing and people are unloading materials to bring to various locations
- Lift up to 50 lbs., handle materials efficiently, and move quickly if needed
- Assist residents and other Transfer Station attendants as directed
- Must be dependable, reliable, timely, and pleasant
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Be willing to clean and manage trash and recycling areas so that they are kept neat and tidy
- Be willing to obtain Solid Waste Facility Assistant Operator Certification (at Town’s expense)
- Learn about recycling materials and what is acceptable and not acceptable and the rules of the Chester Transfer Station.
The Transfer Station is open Wednesdays from 5pm to 730pm and Saturdays from 7am to 2pm. This is a part-time position averaging between ten and twelve hours weekly.
Applications are available on the town’s website at www.chesternh.org.
Transfer Station Attendant
Attn: Paul Cavanaugh
Town of Chester
84 Chester Street
Chester, NH 03036
The Town of Chester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.