Help Wanted: Transfer Station Attendant 1 - Sunapee, NH
Transfer Station Attendant 1 – FULL TIME
Location: Sunapee, NH
The Town of Sunapee will have a full-time Attendant Level I position available at their transfer station beginning in May 2022. Requirements for the position include the ability to obtain a Principal Operator, Step I, Solid Waste Facility Operator's certificate from the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Service within 6-months of being hired. The right candidate must perform routine work of a semi-skilled nature at a solid waste transfer facility, requiring positive interaction and communication with facility users and the ability to do heavy physical labor efficiently
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position.
- Knows, understands and implements the solid waste disposal facility operating rules and procedures.
- Monitors access and disposal of solid waste and recyclables at the transfer station facility.
- Conducts visual inspection of solid waste and recyclables on a routine basis to prevent disposal of prohibited materials at the transfer station.
- Explains operating policies and procedures to facility users to assure proper use.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of solid waste disposal facility.
- Assists resident and commercial users in the appropriate placement of solid waste and recyclables. Assesses and collects fees, as required, per the established rate schedules.
- Maintains the recycling area and insures the proper disposal and classification of all recycled materials.
- Packages cardboard, newspaper, aluminum, and other recyclables and stores them in a safe and healthful manner.
- Uses and performs routine/preventive maintenance on compactor, baler, hand tools and power equipment.
- Familiar with and executes safe work procedures associated with assigned work.
- Compacts materials as required by the facility operating plan, and state regulations.
- Performs all other related work as required for the operation of the transfer station.
- Ability to obtain a Principal Operator, Step I, Solid Waste Facility Operator's certificate from the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Service within 6-months of being hired.
- Ability to read basic technical and maintenance manuals. Ability to make entries in and maintain logs, complete basic reports, and familiarity with MSDS paperwork.
- Ability to perform manual labor in environments characterized by heat or cold, dust, noise, rain, and snow that may produce slippery conditions at the work site.
- Reliable attendance and performance in all climatic and environmental conditions.
For further information regarding this position, including a full job description and job application, please visit the Town of Sunapee’s website or visit the Sunapee Town Offices. Position open until filled.
Please submit a completed job application to:
Town of Sunapee Highway Department
Attn: Scott Hazelton, Highway Director
621 Route 11
Sunapee, New Hampshire 03782