Help Wanted: FT Operations & Safety Coordinator, LRSWMD, Morrisville, VT
Help Wanted: FT Operations & Safety Coordinator, Lamoille Regional Solid Waste Management District, Morrisville, VT
LRSWMD is hiring a Full-time Operations and Safety Coordinator to facilitate the smooth implementation of all operational activities at our 5 recycling depots and the Lamoille Soil Compost Facility. Responsibilities include identifying and resolving site needs and deficiencies as well as compliance with rules and policies with an emphasis on safety. Training will be provided. The work week will include Saturdays and is divided between 3 days of directing site tasks and two days working as a site attendant. This is a fully benefited position. Full job description can be found at www.lrswmd.org/operations-and-safety-coordinator. To apply email a statement of intent and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Full job description:
The Operations & Safety Coordinator assists in the successful daily operations of the District’s drop-off and composting facilities in accordance with State, Federal and District regulations in a manner that promotes safe operations and supports the LRSWMD Mission. The O&S Coordinator will work independently at times and also work at the facilities supporting the Site Attendants a minimum of 2 days a week, one of which will be Saturday. This position may at times be involved in directing personnel on-site with regards to daily tasks but will not be directly supervising, managing nor evaluating personnel performance.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review weekly paperwork with regards to need for supplies, maintenance, or other operational concerns and work to resolve timely and efficiently.
- Assist with the preparation or procurement of training materials and procedures to train staff on operational and/or safety systems
- Meet weekly with Facility Manager to:
- review Transfer Station Operations to ensure consistency in operations across sites and staff, identify anomalies and make suggestions for improvements
- review safety and training with site staff to ensure any changes or modifications are communicated across all staff including management
- coordinate vendor hauling and pick-up schedules
- report deficiencies that result in lost time, resources, and/or dangerous conditions
- Facilitate smooth implementation of all station activities including traffic control, worker and customer safety, opening and closing check lists, customer experience, etc.
- Comply with policies and rules in accordance with LRSWMD guidelines
- Remain ready to serve as Site Attendant beyond the regular 2 days per week should a labor shortage occur on a temporary or occasional basis
- Communicate directly with customers and direct them in proper procedures for use of facilities and recycling programs
- Monitor operational efficiencies, identify deficiencies, and propose solutions with Facility Manager
- Work with Operations Administrator on diversion of HHW from the landfill via special events
- Assist in all aspects of composting facility from procuring feedstocks, working with haulers, assisting with pile management, and compost sales. Must obtain Compost Operator Certification provided for at LRSWMD expense.
- Other duties as they arise that could be expected in this position
- 100% medical coverage; supplemental dental and vision
- Paid sick and vacation time; 10 paid holidays plus 2 personal days
- Retirement plan with up to 2% match after 2 years
The position includes a combination of office and on-site work. Weekend work is required.
Ability to work at a desk and computer station for extended periods of time. Lifting, mobility and prolonged standing will be required.
To apply, submit a statement of interest and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.