Help Wanted: Field Assistant and Driver - Barre VT - PART TIME
Summary: Responsible in staffing the Additional Recyclables Collection Center (ARCC) and assisting with all field operations, including organization and maintenance of facilities and equipment. Responsible for operating a box truck for deliveries and collections of recyclables.
No CDL required
Hours: Part-Time, 20-hours per week
Salary: This is a part-time, non-exempt position with pro-rated benefits. This position is compensated at Grade 2 on the CVSWMD Compensation Plan. Grade 2: $13.60 to $19.83 per hour
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of solid waste management preferred.
- Two years’ work experience.
- Valid Vermont driver's license
- Two years’ work experience
- Can read comprehend and follow both written and verbal instructions in order to implement District policies, procedures and safety measures.
- Accurately enters information into paper and electronic forms.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the general public and other District personnel.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently, and to communicate and share workload with other team members.
- Familiar with computers: email (Outlook preferred), Google calendar, internet, can enter information into electronic forms, save documents, print files, etc.
For more information regarding this position, including a full job description, please visit the Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District employment page.
Applicants should send their resume and a cover letter detailing their interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.