Help Wanted: Facility Manager, LRSWMD Morrisville, VT
Summary: The Facility Manager (FM) directs and ensures the successful daily operations of LRSWMD’s five recycling locations and the Lamoille Soil composting facility. The FM is responsible for adherence to State, Federal and District regulations executed in a manner that promotes safe operations and supports the LRSWMD Mission to reduce the quantity and toxicity of trash generated and beneficially reuse food scraps. This position includes direct supervision of employees including scheduling, training, and performance evaluations. The work environment is a hybrid of both office and on-site at LRSWMD locations and occasionally off-site for meetings and trainings. As liaison between the LRSWMD office and the facility staff the FM is considered part of the management team. Operational budgets and monthly financial monitoring are coordinated with the Operations Administrator. All programs and projects run through the facilities are supported by the Outreach Coordinator. The FM reports directly to the District Manager. Weekend hours are required.
Compensation: $60,000 plus, determined by level of experience and critical skill sets. LRSWMD also has a generous benefit package including:
- 100% medical, dental and vision for employee
- Upon meeting minimal criteria 2% contribution to retirement fund
- Accelerating vacation schedule starting with 10 days per year
- 12 days medical leave annually with unlimited accrual
- 2 personal leave days
- 10 holidays
- Free weekly trash disposal, recycling, and composting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and oversee all facility activities including scheduling, supplies, equipment repairs, productivity, and facility maintenance
- Provide for staff training on daily operations, organizational policies, safety, and record keeping
- Annually review and update Operation Manuals with employees and recommend policy or program changes as appropriate
- Prepare budgets as regards the operation of the facilities and special programs and monitor budgets through monthly financial reports
- Serve as liaison with contractors and vendors and oversee successful completion of contracts and agreements
- Serve as first contact with the general public at the facilities as regards complaints or problems
- Monitor operational efficiencies, identify deficiencies and propose solutions
- Maintain state certifications and local permits
- Other duties as they arise that could be expected in this position
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
3-5 years minimum management and supervisory experience in related field
Previous industry & customer service-related experience
10 hour or 40 hour OSHA preferred but training available to the right candidate
While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit, stand, climb stairs, and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and the ability to adjust focus. A Valid Vermont driver's license is necessary.
Applicants should direct a cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and write FM Position in the subject line.