Help Wanted: Executive Director, Northeast Recycling Council - Brattleboro, VT
Summary: The Northeast Recycling Council (NERC) seeks an experienced leader with well- developed management and facilitation skills who can broaden NERC’s impact on minimizing waste, conserving natural resources, and advancing a sustainable economy through facilitated collaboration and action.
Compensation: $95-$105K. Benefits package including: Medical, long-term disability, paid time off, and a retirement savings plan.
- Manage staff of two - Assess current responsibility distribution, reassign as appropriate
- Create and oversee budget and finances
- Programming/Project Management
- In collaboration with the Board and Advisory Members, plan, develop and implement programs, projects and activities that are aligned with NERC’s mission: Clarify goals, assessing impact of past projects and taking into consideration priorities of different states within the Council, recent legislation, and other external factors. Work can include: Research, Writing, Development of best practices, Convening, Training, Outreach and information sharing
- Fundraising and External Relations
- Diversify funding sources by developing relationships that will attract new revenue streams, creating a proactive strategy that allows NERC to set goals and seek funding
- Pursue grants, overseeing implementation and reporting of deliverables
- Board and Advisory Member Relations
- Meet regularly with the Board and Advisory Members on various aspects of NERC’s programming goals
- Act as Secretary to the Board
- Minimum of 5 years of management operations experience, nonprofit preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven networking and convening skills
- Fundraising and grant writing experience
- Group facilitation preferred
- Experience managing staff, preferably in a remote context
- Experience with sustainable materials management and recycling preferred, a passion necessary.
For more information regarding this position including a full job description and application, please visit the NERC website.
This executive search is being conducted by TSNE with consultants Anna Asphar and Mimi Brunelle.
Candidates should include a resume and a cover letter that describes how their qualifications and experience match the needs and mission of NERC, along with salary expectations and how they learned of the position.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.