Help Wanted: Assistant Manager - Transfer Station, Henniker, NH
The Town of Henniker has an opening for Assistant Transfer Station Manager. This newly created
position will assist the Transfer Station Manager in the town's Transfer Station and Recycling
Center operations. This position is also responsible for the Parks and Properties in Town. Working
as a team, you will ensure compliance with all local policies and procedures, laws, regulations,
and permits relating to solid waste.
• Trains all employees, volunteers, and workfare individuals in material handling, equipment
operation and maintenance, and use of all safety equipment.
• Operates and maintains heavy equipment such as the backhoe, loader, skid steer, waste oil
furnace, compactor, yard truck, dump truck, and any other small power and hand tools.
• Collects and maintains data about the operation of the Transfer Station/ Recycling Center
as may be required by town, district/cooperative, or state officials
• Performs snow and ice control at the facility and other winter maintenance responsibilities.
• Analyzes and evaluates the operation and maintenance functions of the facility and
recommends or initiates new and improved practices
• Supervises sidewalk cleaning and flower planting and watering in downtown locations.
• Removal of trash from several trash barrels throughout town.
• Plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and painting repairs.
A qualified candidate should have strong knowledge of transfer station operation and three years
or more of experience. Also, preference will be given to applicants that hold a Senior Principle
Operator License with NH DES. A New Hampshire Class B CDL driver's license is also highly
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• This position offers a salary of $40,747 - $56,368, plus a comprehensive benefits program,
including health, dental and life insurances, paid time off, NH Retirement, and more!
• An environment where you can grow, be challenged, and learn from interesting and
• The opportunity to make a difference in our community.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, a Town employment application.
Completed applications and cover letters may be submitted to:
Henniker Town Office – Personnel
18 Depot Hill Road
Henniker, NH 03242
Or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit: https://www.henniker.org/site-home/pages/employment-opportunities for a complete
The Town of Henniker an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 9/30/2021 (or until filled)
(This job specification should not be construed to imply that these duties are the exclusive
standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions and perform
other related duties, as needed.)