Help Wanted: Administrative & Logistics Assistant, Epsom, NH - Full Time
Position: Administrative & Logistics Assistant
Reports to: Administrative & Logistics Manager
Starting Salary Range: $35,360 to $36,754
Nonexempt, Full time, Permanent position
The primary responsibility of the Administrative & Logistics Assistant is to provide administrative support to the Administrative & Logistics Manager and other staff. The Administrative & Logistics Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Administrative & Logistics Manager and follows established procedures and guidelines within the department. Attention to detail and the ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure are essential for this position.
The successful candidate will have a desire to learn and excel in a fast-paced environment, possess a degree and one year of related experience--OR any equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities--have excellent customer service skills, and support NRRA’s mission to partner with communities to make recycling and waste reduction strong through economic and environmentally sound solutions.
This position is based at NRRA headquarters in Epsom, NH although working remotely may be an option in limited circumstances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer all incoming phone calls, direct callers to proper personnel and, if needed take messages.
- Greet and direct all incoming office visitors.
- Sort and distribute mail, mail checks and invoices.
- Bring outgoing mail to the post office or place in mailbox for pickup daily.
- File and maintain records, including bills of lading and weight tickets.
- Prepare correspondence and reports, including member activity reports.
- Track and file renewals of contracts and other documents, including cooperative marketing contracts, certificates of insurance, and tenant leases.
- Create and send invoices, including for membership dues and workshops and other events.
- Monitor and order office supplies as needed.
- Oversee change of contact process, including updating database.
- Support for board of trustees, including attending board meetings and taking meeting minutes.
- Assist other staff members with a variety of administrative tasks as needed.
- Complete daily deposit from incoming checks for Finance Department, as well as create report and group invoices once deposit is completed.
- Acquire pertinent information from shippers for pickup/delivery.
- Schedule pickup/delivery for shipper and receiver.
- Enter all information in database and update as needed.
- Send confirmation or orders to pertinent parties.
- Assist Administrative & Logistics Manager with the facilitation and follow-up required as it pertains to NRRA’s logistics department.
- Assist Members and Vendors with their load/logistical related questions.
- Report any problems with pickups, deliveries and incidents between vendors, haulers and Members to Administrative & Logistics Manager to assist in finding the best possible resolution.
- Work with Finance to resolve load discrepancies.
- Information Technology
- Review, send and approve requests to join NRRA members listserv.
- Enter various data in database in timely, accurate and consistent manner; assist Administrative & Logistics Manager with ensuring integrity of data in database.
- Learn and use new software programs, tools, and resources as necessary to assist with completing tasks efficiently.
- Programs & Events
- Coordinate NH the Beautiful programs administration, including signs, grants, blue bags, and maintaining accurate records for same.
- Oversee administration of annual compost bin sale.
- Create and email NHDES certificates for participants that attend member events and track this in database.
- Provide support for events such as annual meeting and conference and expo, including data entry to track registrations, sponsors, exhibitors, and speakers and issue invoices and track payment.
- Other duties as assigned
COMMUNICATION & CONDUCT:
Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships and open lines of communication with Members, Vendors and other staff members.
Communicate with others in a positive manner with respect for differing opinions and openness to new ideas.
Work independently and follow through on commitments.
Prioritize tasks to complete work in a timely and accurate manner
Take initiative to solve problems and identify potentially more efficient methods of operation.
CONTRIBUTIONS & OUTCOMES:
Complete all tasks in an accurate and professional manner.
Build and grow positive relationships with colleagues, customers, vendors and haulers.
- Work interdepartmentally to solve any issues regarding administrative tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Associate or bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant experience --OR any equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of various backgrounds and interests.
- Reliable, with excellent attention to detail and organization
- Proficient in use of internet and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook and Excel
- Quick learner, especially of technical issues
- Ability to work effectively and calmly and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and willingness to accept a challenge
- Interest in the mission of the organization
- Salesforce, Microsoft Teams and general database experience
- Customer service background
The position includes primarily office work. Environmentally conscious office culture within 15 minutes of downtown Concord, New Hampshire. Travel and overnight stay are required for annual conference.
Ability to work at a desk and computer station for extended periods of time. Light lifting may be required on occasion.
Possible supervision of intern(s) or volunteer(s)